The Library has ten laptops available for students to check out at the Circulation Desk with a check out length of four hours.
These laptops are available to students only; they are not available for staff or faculty use.
For students to check out a laptop they must fill out a laptop agreement form. By signing the form the student agrees to the following:
- I will present my UNK ID card to verify that I am a current student at the University of Nebraska at Kearney
- I will not leave the laptop unattended.
- I will return this laptop to the Circulation Desk within the 4-hour check-out period. If renewed, I will return the laptop when the renewal period expires.
- I will be responsible for any late fees that may accrue at $1.00 per hour for the laptop & $1.00 per hour for the power cord.
- I will not remove the laptop from the library building.
- I will be present while the laptop’s condition is verified at both, check-out and check-in.
- I will not tamper with the current hardware or software settings.
- I will be responsible for repair/replacement should the laptop be damaged or stolen while it is checked out to me. I will pay any damage/replacement charges incurred, not to exceed the cost of the laptop.
- I understand that my laptop check-out privileges will be revoked if I violate any of the above rules.
- I will resolve any patron blocks preventing me from checking out library materials before checking out a laptop.